Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Maybe it's all just a dream (Poem)

In the silence of the night,
Just me and the whirl of smoke,
Spiralling from a "burning stick of nonsense".
But is the night so silent?
No!
I hear a lot of sounds,
Sounds of the past, the present, the future.
Whispers of memories,
Voice of my loved one,
A soft melody of an etheral future,
Violent clatter of the past,
A cacophony of the present...
The night is dark,
It's so very dark. But oh!
What are these visions?
Castles in the air,
A barren land,
A tumultous river.
The night is so lonely,
But am I?
With all these eyes staring at me?
I'm not yet asleep,
The clock on the wall striked thrice.
Am I dreaming?
Maybe it's just a dream in a dream...
Or maybe...
It's all just a dream!

1 comment:

Sumi Mathai said...

a dream in a dream or just a dream..!! certain instances wen we cant just differentiate..subtle ..perplexing..nice..

Also check out

Related Posts with Thumbnails