Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Life Through Decades (Poem)

Life is miniscule time
between birth and death.

For ten years we struggle, a child
Then ten again as an adolescent.

Yet another ten passes without our knowledge;
We fall in love, make mistakes,
Fall down, get up and walk again,
And find ourselves where we began.

For ten years we struggle to grow up,
The next ten is spend for our children.

Then we realise almost half a century has passed,
And there’s hardly any time left for us.

Sad as it may look,
That’s the tragedy of human eyes.

But memories never get as old as us.

They remain as young as they ever were.
And the best of them are made between,
We are young and old.

Remember times but don’t relive them,
For, memories are to be cherished,
Not to be lived.

***********************************

This is inspired by a dialogue by Mohanlal in 'Vadakkumadhan' (2006). I think this is in line with what Poonthanam Nambudiri said in his 'Jnanappana'.

And a special thanks to my Blogbuddy Brian Miller, who made the edits on the first draft of this poem. Thanks friend!

3 comments:

Brian Miller said...

nice man...lots of truth in your words....

Ekanthapadhikan said...

This comment from an anonymous person, which I received on my mail, is something very special to me 'coz this is the 100th comment in this blog. I don't want to miss this:

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Life Through Decades (Poem)":

I couldnt have said it any better to be honest! keep up the awesome work. You are very talented & I only wish I could write as good as you do :)

Ekanthapadhikan said...

Yet another 'Anonymous' comment in my inbox. I wonder why the comments are not reflecting in the blog post!

"I became honored to obtain a call coming from a friend as he identified the important points shared on your own site. Looking at your blog write-up is a real amazing experience. Thanks again for taking into consideration readers like me, and I hope for you the best of achievements as being a professional in this arena."

Also check out

Related Posts with Thumbnails