Friday, October 9, 2009

Oh! I lost her in Casablanca (Poem)

That fair lady, I had forever dreamed off,
The one with the face of an angel never seen before,
The one with the dainty hands and feet,
The one with the lips… Oh!
If she could kiss me to death,
I’d choose a million deaths at her lips.

But who is she?
What divinity in her eyes?
And what’s that scent that she brings along?
I had ever searched for her in my dreams,
In my wakefulness,
Searched for her ever, over and over again,

I searched for her across the seas,
Across the mountains,
Across the valleys…
And I found her in Casablanca.
Yes! In Casablanca and with Richard.

She was torn between two loves.
One for her husband and the other for her Love.
I saw her crying in Richard’s arms,
Saying, “I no longer know what’s right any longer.
You’ll have to think for both of us”.
And the man said, “All right. I will”.

But those tears burned my soul.
How I wished I could be by her side,
Given my shoulder for her to cry on.
I’d have kissed her pains away.
Kissed away those tears on her cheek,
And held her closer to my heart.

Now, her husband was fighting for a cause,
Which the Germans didn’t approve of.
They wanted to put him behind the bars
And send him to a concentration camp.
Richard proposed to help the Germans,
But had other things in his mind.

The next thing, he shoots the cop and
Sends my fair lady and her husband in a plane to safety.
But not before telling her husband that she was his lover once.
“I can understand… And thank you”, said the gentle husband.
Hat’s off to Richard’s noble heart,
For he sacrificed his Love for his love,
And that was the “beginning of a beautiful friendship”.

But my story doesn’t end there.
How I wish I were there with another gun?
I’d have send a bullet through Richard's heart despite his nobility.
After all, love has no rules, do they?
I would’ve got my only chance to get her all for me-self!
But no. It didn’t happen that way.

And I lost my lady in Casablanca!
Oh! I lost her in Casablanca.
The one I’d have died a million deaths for.
The one I saw in my dreams.
The one I had ever searched for, over and over again.
And I still do - Across the sea, the mountains and the valleys…

Note: This might sound least like a poetry. Nevertheless, I had to write it as it is. Never have I seen a beauty like her before. I consider her the epitome of feminine beauty. Now, this is not the kind'a beauty that I get attracted to in any carnal sense. This is the kind of beauty that I'd want to build a temple for and worship for a life time. Ah! Just a look at her pic. and I'm lost! I kept watching her on my desktop (wall paper) for hours together. And I removed it the moment I realised that I can't be my normal self with her smiling at me from my desk top.


And I dedicate this to the most beautiful lady ever to have walked this earth.


"Oh! Ingrid. How I wish you were there by my side to listen to me sing my heart's song in praise of your beauty!"

7 comments:

Dulçe ♥ said...

MAn... this is so beautiful and romantic. Keep writing. I think it's a poem if you want it to be so, and so it's to me -at least ;)

Ekanthapadhikan said...

I don't want to loose the comments on this.

Brian Miller said...
"a beautiful poem fit for mrs. ingrid. true beauty trancends the ages..."

Ekanthapadhikan said...

I will not loose any comments on this one.

Extremity said...
"like u said it doesnt sound much like poetry. i guess u cudve written it in prose. but its all writer's privilege. so never mind. i liked some lines very much, say, "If she could kiss me to death,
I’d choose a million deaths at her lips". u have a certain ability to make such beautiful sentences. u knw lines impregnated with some more thoughts. "a kiss silent as silence...", "the sound of silence has become loud". i just love them. these contradicting images juxtaposed... very brilliant.

ahem..and which lady on earth wudn love to hear a song of praise by a man?"

dannyd said...

Great poem! It is a very compelling and romantic tribute to a very good and beautiful actress. Keep up the good writing, because it's definitely not just gibberish! :D

Claudya Martinez said...

Lucky for you, you can find her in Casablanca whenever the mood strikes.

Ekanthapadhikan said...

Gloria said...

Yes, I remember Casablanca well. A beautiful and poignant movie which I certainly want to watch again. Lovely pictures of Ingrid and an even lovelier poem!

Ekanthapadhikan said...

Cathy Clementz said...

Your varied interests surprise me and I mean that in a good way. I LOVE these old movies and prefer watching them over the new ones. The poem was wonderful.

Also check out

Related Posts with Thumbnails