Thursday, October 22, 2009

My Mother (Poem)


On the lap of my mother
I cuddled as an infant.
I cried, I screamed, I puked...
Made noices, the reasons for
I never realised.
But my mother understood those
For she fed me from her breast,
Pampered me to sleep.

Twenty and odd years have galloped by.
No longer on the lap of my mother
Do I cuddle like an infant.
Yet, I cry, I scream, I yell...
Make noises and I'm aware of
the reasons for it.

How strange?

No longer does my mother understand those
For she too cries, screams, yells...
With me and spend many sleepless nights,
Worrying for her kid.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mothers are true angels, I miss mine......beautiful tribute to your mom

Brian Miller said...

i think you have captured the soul of a mother...

Sumi Mathai said...

it began well but by the end i didn get the finishing

Also check out

Related Posts with Thumbnails