Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Soul's Prayer (Poem)


Dwelt I, once in a body -
A body of flesh and bones.
I was the body, I was the soul.
But soul in body,
Hidden from the eyes of the world.
Hence, saw none my soul
But my body and only my body.

Dead and cold is my body now.
And so is my blood, flesh and bones,
But not the soul that I'm.
I'm still warm and whatever that I was
When I was also a body.

My mortal case has rotten and perished.
I'm no longer hidden in a fleshy mass,
But liberated and a soul that I'm.
No longer can I be touched by worldly sins,
And I'm pure and perfect now.
Yet, seen by none I'm!

O lord! Almighty!
Hear my prayers this once -
Next time you shape a creation,
Make it body in soul
And not soul in body.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

speechless..........

Brian Miller said...

oh wow....

Anonymous said...

"Next time you shape a creation,
Make it body in soul
And not soul in body." Those lines are something else. What a reflection. This is spiritually uplifting. Thru you I'm reminded that the flesh is fleeting and is exposed to many things that dehumanize our mortality. Good one.

Sumi Mathai said...

d last stanza..terrific.
it just says wat u are

Also check out

Related Posts with Thumbnails