Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sounds of Silence of a Dark Night (Poem)


Sitting alone in my room,
I listen to the silence of my life.

A light fever threatened me,
Said it’d confine me to my lonely bed.
I smirked at it in return,
And shot it dead with a Dolo.

But as the night gets darker,
I realise I chased away a friend I had.
A friend who was ready to see me through,
To the next daybreak.

I listen to the pitter-patter outside my window,
The neon city is drenched in heavenly tears.
The night is crying unlike me,
Is it feeling lonely too?

I listen closer, my ears sharpened.
The night is not as silent as I thought it was:
I could hear sounds -
Distant clamours of a past,
Cacophony of the present,
And a soft melody of an ethereal future.

And the darkness, I realise,
It’s just a blanket,
A blanket that life holds in front of your eyes,
When you open them to see.

No comments:

Also check out

Related Posts with Thumbnails