Friday, May 25, 2012

Untapped (Poem)


Long stood I, a lonely metal tap,
All alone in an abandoned plot.
There’s no memory of where I was born.
Since the beginning, I stood here,
All alone, at a far end of the plot.

I’ve lost my sheen,
My skin has begun to peel,
There’re moss gathered at my foot,
A family of rats has found their home,
Somewhere below, deep below me.

I’ve seen time sweep by,
Playful, unmindful and at times naughty;
Like breeze in wilderness.
I’ve seen it pass by like a pilgrim-
Unnoticed, unperceived, unbound.

I’ve seen l’il plants taking roots, sprouting leaves,
Growing greener, sometimes yellow and green again,
And bearing fruits for the claim of kids,
Who lived beyond the boundaries.

Purpose.

I saw, I heard, I learned but,
I stood alone at a far end-
Unnoticed, untouched, unclaimed;
Long ravished by sun, rain and storm,
Long ravished by the senseless time.

Purpose, and what was mine?

Then came the one.
My head was turned,
My empty soul was stirred,
Felt myself filling up,
I suffocated, I coughed.

I realised I had forgotten to breath.
I opened my nose, felt the air.
Was it going in or out, I do not know.
Someone played a flute in me,
It felt funny; and I threw up…

Purpose, at last!

3 comments:

PIKACHU said...

wow ur imagination is very good i loved it...

PIKACHU said...

wow ur imagination is very good i loved it...

Sudhanshu said...

Good one Shambhu! nice imagination

Also check out

Related Posts with Thumbnails